Monday 12 January 2009

Hunky Dory – David Bowie

David_Bowie_Hunky_Dory

Links

Album Review - Rolling Stone Magazine - 6th January 1972

Hear samples of the album HERE

So why Hunky Dory by David Bowie?? Well I was actually listening to this album when I decided to put my list together. A brilliant album packed with great songs, in fact there is not one song on this album I don’t like as opposed to other classic Bowie albums which have at least one dodgy track (The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust’s ‘It Ain’t Easy’, Aladdin Sane ‘Let’s Spend The Night Together’ and Diamond Dogs’ ‘Rock ‘N’ Roll With Me).

Songs like Oh! You Pretty Things, Life On Mars, Quicksand and of course the song I love most ‘Queen Bitch’.

Mickey Mouse

mm

I remember falling in love with Life On Mars as a kid all because of the line ‘It's on America's tortured brow that Mickey Mouse has grown up a cow’!!! I don’t think I really appreciated the song for what it really was, Mickey Mouse made the difference!!

Queen Bitch – Old Grey Whistle Test - 8th February 1972

Oh! You Pretty Things - Old Grey Whistle Test - 8th February 1972

Life On Mars?

No comments:

Post a Comment